Thursday, February 16, 2012

My adventure thus far

So I'm in Guyana! It's been pretty crazy. Training is...challenging. There are a lot of ups and downs. But I'm getting through it. I've been exposed to a lot of new foods, some which I really like, such as dry foods, sapadilla, soursap, and lots of rice dishes, and others that I'm not too fond of, such as salted fish. Sleeping in a mosquito net is something I'm also having to get used to, but it's worth it to not get eaten alive at night. I spray on bug spray at least twice a day and I'm still covered in bites. Guess that's what happens when you go to the land of many waters, ha ha. But don't worry, I'm taking my malaria pill. I was going to add some pictures but my stolen internet connection is far too slow for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment